Tuesday 5 July 2011

U2

Maybe one day I will tell my "U2 Story", but that will have to wait for a bit. I was watching them on the Glastonbury tv coverage today. Seeing them sing 'The Fly' reminded me of something I liked about them when I was younger- the lyrics in the verses to that song. I think I even wrote down one of the lines in an exercise book or folder or something, like you do when you're at school. Anyway. Now I have the miracles of cut and paste, and google searching which I will now utilise to put those lyrics at the end of this post... [*realises that cutting and pasting on computers wasn't invented when i was at school*].


It's no secret that a friend is someone who lets you help 
It's no secret that a liar won't believe anyone else 
They say a secret is something you tell one other person 
So I'm telling you...child 



It's no secret that a conscience can sometimes be a pest
It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief
All kill their inspiration and sing about their grief 



It's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky
The universe exploded 'cause of one man's lie
Look, I gotta go, yeah I'm running outta change
There's a lot of things, if I could I'd rearrange

1 comment:

  1. Come on now you tease - we want the U2 story....

    ReplyDelete