Friday 28 October 2011

Saints odds and ends.

Just been going through some old stuff I recently bought up from home. Look at this! Two quid to get into a game against Arsenal in what was the equivalent of the Premier League. It is now £14 just to get in to see Hereford. This game would have been about two years after I first went. Getting on for the years in the early nineties when I used to go to every home game (and at two quid a game that was easier then than it is now). A Boxing Day fixture, I've just noticed. Let me turn to Google to see how we got on that day........




A one nil win! Nice one. I was stood in the lower of the two terraces that the camera cuts to after the Saints' goal.

This was the end of the ground where I stood, on the Milton Terrace. The people I used to go with had a parking permit to park in the school opposite the Saints shop, from where it was a short walk along Milton Road to the turnstiles. Happy memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment