Thursday 15 December 2011

More clearing out..


Here is another blatant archiving of guff that I found at home. Here are a selection of programmes from when I used to go along to watch the local team play in the Hampshire league. Usually in a relegation dog fight. There's a vaguely entertaining story to be told of the time I went to see them play an away game on the Isle of Wight, but that's for another time. Here is a typical team sheet. The goalie (Stuart Binfield) lived in our road and I used to play with his brother when I was little. My sister went to school with Karly Cleeve's sister. Dave Stanbrook was the son of the school librarian. Him and Danny Pidduck were tricky wingers if I remember correctly. Pirelli General is a typical team name for this division- lots of the teams were work teams for local factories. I only went to 10 or so games a season, usually when Saints played away from home, back in the day when I used to go to every Saints home game. The ground was 15 mins from where I lived. None of this is of any interest to you. But I have now kicked this photo into the cyberspace cloud and can safely bin the actual programmes. What was I thinking, hanging onto them for so long?

No comments:

Post a Comment