Tuesday 9 April 2013

the april 'classic'

Gave; 'Based on a True Story' by Fat Freddy's Drop.
Received; 'Homework' by Daft Punk.

Dance music. Not my area of expertise. My previous experience of dance music cds has been fairly mixed. I've occasionally gone for a couple of things that have been 'rated' by magazines i trust only to be disappointed (hello, 'caribou'). I see dance music as music to dance to, or more accurately as music to nod   my head to knowingly while nursing a paper cup of beer at music festivals. I don't know much about it, but i can get the appeal when it comes to throwing a few shapes.


Daft Punk are a band I've heard a bit about and a band that I know are very well thought of. I have given this a few spins in the cassa della le tissier. Good to dance to. In fact if you had been happening to pass by our kitchen window in the middle of last week you would have seen all four of us pogoing around and 'a movin and a groovin'. What an odd sight it would have been if you'd seen it.

So, as music to dance to...thumbs up.

As an album to listen to and concentrate on..not quite so keen, i must admit. When it comes to electronic/dance music i like stuff that 'swells and builds' and i found this to be a little vanilla. Great to move to, not so great to concentrate on and sit down to think about. A little, just a little, bit 'dave pearce dance anthems' for my taste. 

Marks out of ten?

7, for the letissier clan 'moment' it gave us.

No comments:

Post a Comment