Thursday 24 October 2013

the october 'classic'

Gave; 'Mechanical Animals' by Marilyn Manson (in my defence, i don't actually think it's a classic but AP was curious for a taste of the Manson oeuvre).
Received; 'Dubnobasswithmyheadman
' by Underworld.

An innovation in the classic monthly series; having the album itself embedded in the post..


So click play and enjoy, and i do mean enjoy.

This is perhaps the best cd so far in the classic selection that Al has dispatched my way. It's dancey but not too obviously, it's a bit psychedelic, a bit techno. It runs through fairly seamlessly and doesn't seem to have aged.

I bought the Karl Hyde cd that came out this year. To be honest, it was a bit of a disappointment. THIS month's classic is what i was hoping for when I bought the Karl Hyde cd. I don't own any other Underworld apart from the King of Snake CD single. This is the motherlode, and not a born slippy in sight.

A little bit Alabama 3 at the start, a touch of KLF at points. Ah I don't know enough techno to be able to compare it to other things. Good though.

9/10 for this month's offering. Two more months to go...is this the high water mark?  

No comments:

Post a Comment