Monday 14 November 2011


I received a one off bespoke furniture commission on Saturday. "Do you think you could put up a shelf to fit that gap today?" "What, today, as in 'finish it today'?" "Yup" "What, the day before C's party when we'll be in a stress about getting things ready?" "Yes, it'll be easy!" "Errrm"

So I went away and researched the piece, sent some samples back to the customer and came up with a design. Or rather i measured the space and scribbled the details on a scrap of paper that i scrumpled up and stuffed in my back pocket and off to B&Q I duly went.  Bit of wood bought and cut. Support bits cut and tapered and drilled. Bit of varnishing done... 


Here is the varnished bit compared to an unvarnished bit..


And here is the main plank thing....


And I'd love to say 'bish bosh bash' it is now up on the wall and rocking some paperbacks and photo frames...but...it's not. [And I probably wouldn't say 'bish bosh bash' in any case.]

More updates soon on how it's going... (I know this isn't that interesting but Prycer asked me to put some pictures of the shelf up on the blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment