Thursday 25 August 2011

Green Man Festival 2011- Helen Arney on the Solar Stage

On the Saturday of the Green Man we had a look at the Einstein's Garden area. We came across this stage which was a spoken word/comedy poetry type thing with a general science theme (i think, although I never saw that written down or said, perhaps the lightbulbs led me down that route). Anyway. Its a brave man who gets up and reads his own comic verse to 10 disinterested and rained-on punters. He may have been brave but it didn't mean his poetry was all that special and I shuffled off while [can't remember his name] was finishing his set to pick up some perry. I came back to find N chortling away to this lady who was doing stand up comedy songs with a ukulele. I was soon chuckling too, and the field suddenly filled up as her set went on. There was also a great improvised tune by some other uke players about an A-Z of trees. A good festival find. This is her website.   

No comments:

Post a Comment