Friday 27 September 2013

the september 'classic'

Gave; 'Free All Angels' by Ash.
Received; 'Since I Left You
' by The Avalanches.

Back on track with the schedule...actually getting this out before the end of the month.

Another good cd. Not quite what I expected having only heard the singles. More of a dancey affair when listened to as a whole compared to the singles, which had led me to think this would be a samply mixture. I bought a dj yoda cd once, which riffed on lots of eighties theme tunes and snippets. Problem I had with it was that it was just too much, too many ideas for you to be able to relax and actually enjoy it. This is a smoother listen although it reminded me of the first daft punk cd that featured in the classic list a few months back. Something that's been put together with a view to it being played at a party where people are shuffling about in some chap's kitchen drinking red stripe lager. This is not a criticism.

I can imagine this going down well in student digs back in the day.

Not quite knocking Eno and Tribe from their perch but keeping pace just behind the classic league leaders.

A mark? ..........7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment